Friday, September 2, 2011

We Will Have Afflections

Psalm 34:19
When I started this blog the main point I wanted to get across that as disciples or followers of Christ there would be and will be afflictions or trials and troubles in our life. It not a life of ease but if you had a quiet life before and may not be quiet again. I am not saying this to scare you and not want to life a Christian life but now you have an enemy where before you didn't.

The good thing about this is that the Lord will deliver you out of all of your trials. I must say here that some trials or in this case tests do come from God. He tests to see if you are really going to do as you say. I had one of those test last night. Sometimes He warns be ahead of time and I hear "This is a Test" and then I now that it is from God and am I going to make the right choice.

Trials come from Satan to see if He can get you away from God and turn back to him. Usually it is in the form of whatever you are weak in. It may be food, sex, your marriage, your family, your thoughts. These are the areas that Satan works on in my life. So you need to resist him and flee and run into the arms of Jesus in these cases. Prayer is another good way of getting ride of Satan.

I just wanted you to be aware, especially if you are a new Christian, that there will be some bends in the road and sometimes a very bumpy ride but always remember you have God on your side and He will deliver you out of all of the trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment