Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Good Book

Being that my husband and I only have four channels to watch on TV, since we gave up cable when he retired, there is not much to watch even if the stations do came in good. So we have taken up reading.

I just finished a great book titled Bamboo & Lace by Lori Wick. I was waiting for my husband to finish cleaning the church and I was in their library and I found this book on their shelf. Since I had gotten some for myself to read from a book sale I thought I would read this one while I was waiting for him.

Well, it was so good I had to bring it home and I just finished it this morning. I like a good book don't you?

It is the same way with the Bible. Some people think it is a dry and an uneventful book, but if you really read it and allow the Holy Spirit to work in your heart as your read it, you can always find something new and just what you need at the time you are ready it.

So the Bible comes first then I think Lori Wick, who is a Christian writer, would come next. Both hard to put down once I get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment