Thursday, September 22, 2011

Exercising

My husband and I went to a garage sale and I bought a second hand bicycle which is stationary and so when I ride it I can get my exercise without falling off the bike. As I rode the bike inbetween the sqeeking of the wheel I just pray and listen to God speak to me. It is such a relaxing time and a fun way to do excercise.

This morning the phrase that kept going through my mind is living through Christ. I am doing a Bible Study and we are talking about Christ and what the gospel story means to us.

So I came to my computer and looked up living through Christ. I was surprise when I came across a whole different verse but it was just what I needed to answer my question about living the gospel daily. Here is the verse.

Hebrew 9:14
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

I then looked up the word purge and this is what I found the Hebrew word to mean:

Purge
  1. to make clean, cleanse
  2. from physical stains and dirt
    1. utensils, food
    2. a leper, to cleanse by curing
    3. to remove by cleansing
  3. in a moral sense
    1. to free from defilement of sin and from faults
    2. to purify from wickedness
    3. to free from guilt of sin, to purify
    4. to consecrate by cleansing or purifying
    5. to consecrate, dedicate
  4. to pronounce clean in a levitical sense
Christ's blood frees me from fefilement of sin and faults. Frees me the guilt of sin. Cleans me and therefore I am consecrated and dedicated to God.

Then I looked up the word dead.

Dead
  1. spiritually dead
  2. destitute of a life that recognises and is devoted to God, because given up to trespasses and sins
  3. inactive as respects doing right
By being dead to self I can then serve the living God through Christ.

I get so excited when I really understand something. Now I just have to remember what I learned and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment