- It is reading God's Word and learning about Jesus and becoming more like Him. Acting on His teachings and not just reading about them or listening to them--but acting on them. This part is very important. I am in the training process. First I need to know what I will be teaching others before I can go on and teach them.
- Making a Disciple is sharing what is learned so the other person can share to another.
- Obedience is another important aspect of being a disciple. Again part of obedience is acting and doing as the Lord commands.
- Obedience also means that we should be good stewards of our gifts and talents.
- There are some requirements other than obedience in being a disciple.
- Leave old dependencies and loyalties behind. We must be loyal to Christ.
- Acknowledge the cost of being a disciple before you begin.
- Luke 14:28:33-But don't begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first getting estimates and then checking to see if there is enough money to pay the bills? Otherwise, you might complete only the foundation before running out of funds. And then how everyone would laugh at you! They would say, "There's the person who started that building and ran out of money before it was finished!" Or what king would ever dream of going to war without first sitting down with his counselors and discussing whether his army of ten thousand is strong enough to defeat the twenty thousand soldiers who are marching against him? If he is not able, then while the enemy is still far away, he will send a delegation to discuss terms of peace. So no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me.
- Doing What Is Good For God instead of ourselves.
Love for God and Christ
Love for others
Evangelize and reproduce by adding people to God's family. Some plant, some water, God produces the crop
So the biggest thing that must be done is to read and study God's Word as this shows what our teacher wants us to know. Then we learn it and then we pass it on and then the next person learns it and passes it on. So this way one reaches one.
May we all strife to be disciples of Christ and win others over to Him.