Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bored!

Have you ever been bored? I woke up this morning and I was grouchy and felt bored. Another day, same old thing. Then I felt ashamed. I looked out my front window and starting to think.

I have a home that I am safe and warm in. In my community and surrounding areas there are thousands of people who have all the belongings on the curb waiting to be picked up. Why? Because they no longer have a home, or anything that belonged in their home because of flooding.

Next, I thought about work. I have a job. It is just the right amount of hours, I receive enough money to help pay for food and gas for my car and just a little extra if I want to help someone else out.

And I have no lack of things to do at home. Cleaning, I have stained glass pieces, branches, beeswax, all kinds of tools to make all kinds of gifts and things to make cards to encourage others who are going through rough times' Being creative in the form of art is very relaxing and fun for me so I am also able to do something for myself.

Books--working in a library for me is like working in a candy store for others. I see all kinds of books to read and projects to do.

So, I thought instead of being bored, I would be thankful for all the blessings I have. I would enjoy each one and put my whole heart in doing what the Lord wants me to do and that is sharing my life with others through words, gifts,  and a good testimony. So I am no longer bored but a very thankful child of God, and now am ready to see what is planned out for me today.

A Little Prayer
Thank you my Father for creating me just the way I am. And Holy Spirit guide me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment