Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Death

Death is a hard subject to talk about. I am not afraid of death for I know that I will be with Jesus, at least my spirit will be with Him if He doesn't return before I die. But what bothers me about death is just thinking about my body. It shouldn't bother me as my body and spirit will be together again when the Rapture comes. But it still bothers me.

But as I read Psalm 23 from the Amplified Bible especially verse 4 this helps me a great deal. "23:4 "Yes, though I walk through the deep sunless valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You(the Lord) are with me: Your rod to protect and Your staff to guide, they comfort me.

The reason I bring up the subject of death today is my daughter's mother-in-law died this evening and not only that but her sister-in-laws mother died this afternoon. So my son-in-law lost two people in his family today. His mother was a believer so my son-in-law and daughter know that they will see her again. Which to them is a great comfort.

As believers and disciples we need not fear death. But it is always sad when we lose someone we love. And one other thing that is sad about the two deaths happening today is my daughter and son-in-laws 14 wedding anniversary.

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You knowing that You know all things and we don't know why You picked today for these two love ones to pass away but we were praying for Your will to be done. We accept it but please be with Tim especially today as he was very close to his mother. Thank You that he was able to be there with her at the time of her death. Be also with the other members of the family and be especially with Elijah her grandson as he still remembers his sister's death and his birthday will be Sunday the 18th. He will take it the hardest of the three grandchildren. I ask this in the Name of Your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment