Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seeing His Face

Psalm 17:15 "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."


When I am doing my artwork or if I am looking at something I usually see a face. It is not usually the face of Jesus but I did have one experience that I thought I did see His face. It was very scarry as it appeared on a hospital wall.

The story goes like this. My mother was very ill and she was taken to the hospital. She was talking about things that were not even happening except in her mind. But then she said, "Bonnie, look on the wall their is the face of Jesus." I looked not expecting to see anything. But just the shape of the wall to me it did look like it could be the face of Jesus. It was like He was there one minute and gone the next. But it gave both my mother and I peace.

But one day I will see His face for sure. And in Psalms 17:15 David gives me that assurance that when I fall asleep in death, and when I wake up I will be in the present of the Lord and will see His face for sure.

That can be a great comfort to all of us who are believers. If we love Him and have lived our lives pleasing to Him, then we shall see Him face-to-face. If we know of any sin in our life right now we can pray to the Lord and ask Him for forgiveness and He will forgive us as it tells us in I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

What a day it will be when we do see the face of Jesus-what a joy it will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment