Monday, September 19, 2011

Garbage Everywhere

I live in Upstate New York in the Binghamton, Endicott, Vestal, Johnson City area and on September 7th we had a massive flood which took a lot of homes, churches, and businesses. Even though it is now September 19th at the time of this writing there is still piles of garbage on the curb ready to be picked up.

Many families and businesses lost everything. The place in which I work the roof had some damage but it is ok. However the Town Hall was flooded out so they have taken over the library. So have not been able to work for the first week but now am able to go in and work to keep ahead of the books so when we can open to the public we will be caught up.

You know not only is there garbage found on the streets but it is also found in our minds. My husband and I pretty much stop watching TV because there is really nothing to watch but killings and other things that are not worth the time to watch. We have become great readers. The Bible for me is one. I am learning a lot.

So I hope that your mind is clear of garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment