Saturday, September 10, 2011

Created Things

One of my favorite verses is Genesis 1:1 and it reads like this, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

What is so great to me about this verse is the first part, "In the beginning God" I just stop everytime I read it and think about God. Now God created things out of nothing, which we can not do. But one of the things I like to do is crafts.

I just recently took a book out of a library and it is called Trash-To-Treasure Papermaking. Now I have tried to make paper in the past and sometimes I got some very good things from it and then other times it didn't work. Best to follow instructions.

But as I was reading through this book this morning I came to a page that had the title People, Pressure, and Paper then it goes on to say, "What's the difference between people and paper? People don't like pressure, paper does."

Right away I thought of being a disciple and following Christ. It is not always easy following Christ as He has some very high standards. Sometimes we feel pressured into doing things we don't want to do but feel we need to do them anyway. Where as paper loves pressure. Actually the more pressure you put on it the better it comes out.

Thinking more about it maybe having pressure put on us makes us a better person. The Bible tells us that what God would have us to do is not hard. For God is with us through it all.

So are you like paper and like a lot of pressure to make you better, or are you like a person when God places pressure you don't like it as much?

No comments:

Post a Comment