Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Am A Little Like Jonah

In my morning devotions I am starting the book of Jonah. If you have been a Christian for very long you have probably heard of Jonah. God asked him to go to the city of Nineveh, tell the people of God. Jonah hated that city, the people, and they were his enemies. Why should he go there and preach to them. He knew God would save them and Jonah didn't want them saved. He wanted them to all be killed and wiped off the face of the earth. So he ran away in the opposite direction.

Well a storm game and he was cast overboard and a big fish swallowed him. It was in this fish that Jonah prayed. And the fish burped and Jonah was cast out and he went to Niveveh, preached to the people and they repented and God saved them all. Jonah fumed and was furious over the turn of events and he sulked.

God hasn't sent me out to a place like Niveveh and asked me to preached to the people. Although He does want me to tell people my story of salvation and what the Lord is doing in my life. But my problem is that sometimes, well I should say most of the time, I am running from God in just ordinary things.

For example, I am a diabetic and should test my blood surgar at least twice a day. Do I do that? No. If I not feeling well I do. I am to wear special shoes all the time and not go barefoot at all. Do I do this-no. My problem is rebellion like Jonah.

But the Lord is showing me I can not rebel against, I can not run away, and not pay the price of disobedience. I feel this morning like Jonah in the belly of the fish and I am praying really hard. I am asking my Father to forgive me and I want to repent and go and do as I am told.

So don't be a Jonah, but be a Christian who is truly one who wants to please the Lord, and I do and I am convicted of my sin and I am going to turn around my thinking and do what is right. I hope you do too repent and start going in the right direction. Sin always reaps bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment