Friday, September 23, 2011

Death Of A Child-Time Heals

I was reminded of the heartbreak of one losing a child through death as I was reading my e-mail this morning.

I lost a child through a miscarriage, but the doctor could tell that this special child was deformed, so it was best that the baby went to be with the Lord. This child would be thirty-seven now.

Then in 1994 our first grandchild was born to our son's wife and he also was deformed and we lost him. He would be seventeen now. Then in 2009 another grandchild was born, this time to our daughter.  Our daughter and son-in-law knew in August of 1999 that their daughter might not be born alive, but they decided that God was in control and so our daughter carried her to her due date which was scheduled for December 29th.

She was born alive and was normal until you came to her forehead and then she had no brain. But she did well. She ate, she had her diaper changed, she weighted in at eight pounds, she didn't like her bath, and she could follow movement. She lived for fourteen hours. Remarkable! We all got to say hello to her and tell her we loved her. Then she too went to be with the Lord.  She would be twelve now.

As time goes by it is easier and they are all remembered and we will see them in heaven when we get there along with our precious Jesus.

The verse that came to my mind when I read this woman's story was: "I Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

So if you have lost a child through death my heart goes out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment