Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Exodus 12


Israelites Fleeing Egypt-Passover Night



I am in a group called Read The Bible and we are reading in the book of Exodus right now. I know you may be saying I have already that book so many times. But the strange think about reading the Bible is that you could read the same passage every day and still get something new from it.

Today I was reading about the Passover in chapter 12. And to me it was great reading. There are some things I didn't know about.

  • The month of the Passover became the first month of the Jewish calendar.


  • They had to wear their traveling cloths and also carried their extra clothes and kneadingtroughts on their shoulders.


  • As the people left they asked the Egyptians for their clothing and gold and silver so they spoiled or plundered the Egyptian people and they didn't even know it.
So if you have an opportunity to read the whole chapter it would beneficial to you. There were some other things that also caught my eye and the standards that the Lord set up for this feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment