Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Wonderful Day

Yesterday our daughter and her family came over. When her oldest son stood next to me he was a few inches taller than I was. He grew some since I had seen him last. Her middle child was about the same in size and so was the youngest child. She never seems to grow. Out of the three it amazes me how strong Anna is. She will be eight in October.

Even when she was born and had to be placed in the special unit for children with health problems, she lifted her head right off the shoulder of the nurse holding her and she was only a few hours old. On top of that she had 40 cc of blood taken from her so that the blood would flow through her heart as she was born with a rare heart disease. And she also had a whole in her heart. So for her to have all that strength it was remarkable.

Anna doesn't look like or act like she has a serious problem. She may need surgery at any time. But yesterday she was doing somersaults all across our yard. She can even shut  a sliding door on a van with one pull. I can't even do that. She has no restaints at school and she just does what little girls do. More of a Tomboy, she has two older brothers.

I am so thankful that the Lord spared her life and that she is doing good so far. She goes to the heart doctor this week for her checkup. No one, even the doctor, saw this problem ahead of time even though my daughter had repeated checkups due to my daughter's health and losing her first daughter to a birth defeat.

My prayer as a grandmother is that Anna will stay healthy and that it will be a long time before she needs surgery. And if she does need surgery that it will go smooth for her. The Lord knows all about it so will leave it in His hands and I will  just enjoy Anna and all of my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment