Thursday, May 3, 2012

Learned Something New

I don't know about you but I enjoy learning something new. And as I was doing my own daily devotions today I learned a few things and I would like to share them with you.

I am reading in the book of Genesis and today's chapter was chapter 8 and here is what I learned.

  1. God remembered Noah and all the animals in the boat and He sent a wind to blow across the waters, and the floods began to disappear.
  2. The underground water sources ceased to flow.
  3. And the rain stopped. I knew about the rain but didn't know about the underground waters until I read chapter 7.
  4. Five months after the flood started the ark rested on the mountains of Ararat. I didn't know there was more than one mountain.
  5. It was another two and a half months later that other mountain peaks could be seen.
  6. It was not to after 40 days before Noah sent out the first bird.
  7. Noah was 601 years old, ten and a half monhts after the flood began.
I like how the Bible translation told about the wind blowing and the underground stopped. And how long the flood lasted and how old Noah was.

No comments:

Post a Comment