Thursday, May 10, 2012

Having Fun

The other day I had story time with my 3-5 year-old age group. I only had three boys. We read some books about Mothers and then we went into doing our craft. The craft was a square sheet of colored construction paper folded like an envelope. It was large enough to hold five colored paper stems and five paper flowers and a small heart. Then they put a handle on it and a big red heart on the front which said Happy Mother's Day.

Some of the boys listen to how to put it together and the others went ahead and did their own idea. This time it didn't turn out as bad as the frog we made earlier in the year. It was suppose to be a basket of flowers for their Mothers. But one boy wanted to wear his basket as a hat. So that was what he did no matter how hard I tried to tell him it that it was suppose to be a basket. His Mother liked it anyway.

It is amazing to me how each child is so different. But that is how God made us all to be different which is a good thing. So it was a great day.

On Friday of last week I had my two-year-old group with their parents and there turned out to be eleven as a play group came in and joined us.  I have already ten children signed up for program, but usually there are only about four that come. I will have to wait and see how many I have this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment