Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thank You Lord

I want to publicly thank the Lord for answering a specific prayer today.

I tend to have panic attacks and I was on the verge of having one this morning at work. One reason for my panic attacks is having friends or relatives die.

This past week alone I had my 90 year old Aunt die and my 51 year old nephew die. The month before I had two of my cousins die they both were in their 70's. One was my Aunt's oldest child.

Now when I have a bad panic attack my speech goes, and other things go on, so of course don't want one to happen at work. One of my co-workers that I worked with today is a retired nurse. So I ask her to check on me once-in-awhile.

As I began to work I just stopped, closed my eyes, and talked to the Lord. I asked Him to hold me tight and help me through the feelings I was having. Then I felt peace. I knew He would be there for me and I felt like what good would it do have a panic attack. I just would feel worse, look bad, and what good would it do me.

Since I have made a decision to go forward in my Christian life this is one way Satan attacks me. I said, "No way Satan, I have the Lord on my side and you are not going to get me." He left but I know he will be back and try again. But I will still have the Lord on my side.

So I know for sure that prayer works.

No comments:

Post a Comment