Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Train Whistle Blows

As I am sitting here typing today's blog and I hear the familiar sound of a train whistle blowing and the rattling of cars as they go down the tracks which are located on a high hill across the river from my home. The whistle starts blowing just before it reaches the small town just down the tracks. The sound carries far and when I here the whistle it reminds me so much of my eariler years growing up as a child.




For my first five years we had a train track right across the street from us. My grandfather worked for the railroad as a conductor so we got all our train rides for free. Then my father worked at a train station loading and unloading the baggage carts.




But most of all it was the actual riding on the train how that was so exciting as we traveled down those bumpy tracks and look out the window and see thing passing by so quickly and then we would arrive at grandpa and grandma's house. Those were the good-old days.




Some day I will be taking another kind of trip. This time I will hear a trumpet sounding out its sound and I will rise up into the air to meet Jesus in the clouds. Oh what a day that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment