Friday, October 7, 2011

Ring Around The Toilet Bowl

Yesterday, my husband and I cleaned a church that we clean each week. One of my jobs is to clean the five bathrooms that they have. We do them every week and so it is really not a hard job to keep them clean. But the one in the nursery I don't always put the tolilet bowl cleaner in it as it is not used as much as the rest of the bathrooms. I do swish around the water with the brush and clean the rest of it.

Well yesterday as I looked inside the toilet bowl I found that there was just a slight trace of a ring around the bowl. My first thought was, "Your sins will find you out." In otherwords, I need to make sure that each week I put the cleanser in the bowl correctly so that there will not be the ring around the bowl.

Then I was thinking about my spiritual life. How many times that I pass by on little things that I should be doing but don't. Then I become quilty of having something showing that shouldn't be there. For just one example it could be a bad attitude as I have not been thinking the right thoughts. Or reading other blogs and saying to myself, "I wish I could write like that," instead of being content with how the Lord has me deliver the message He wants me to deliver.

So I learned a very valuable lesson by cleaning a bathroom and that is "Whatever I do, do it unto the Lord." Actually He is my boss anyway. And I want to please Him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment