Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sign Language

One day I was visited a Christian College Library and I notice that there was a sign posted for learning sign language. There was a cost and I am thinking to myself should I take the course. I had taken a few courses earlier at other places. I prayed about and decided to go ahead and do the course.

I had no idea how the Lord was going to use it in my life. We had no ministries near by and it is very difficult to reach the Deaf people if you are not Deaf.

In 2008 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. And In July of that year I had my thyroid removed. In doing this they did get all the cancer and I am cancer free which I praise the Lord for. However, one of what I call a side-effect is that when the thyroid is gone all the vocal cords are left open and there is nothing to protect them. Because of this if I talk a lot I loose my voice.

So, now when we sing songs in church I use sign language. I have forgotten some of it so need to go back to the books and refresh my memory. What is so amazing is that the Lord knew all about this and now I can worship the Lord in using my hands and signing my praise to Him. He knows all languages.

So I am so glad that I did follow the Lord's direction and learned the sign language and there are a lot of people who want to learn it also. So there might be a ministry somewhere in this field.

So if the Lord is telling you to do something, and you just have no idea why He would have you do it - just go ahead and do it and He will direct your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment