Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Rubber Ducky

Yes, I must admit I have a rubber ducky and it sits on my computer table and looks at me everyday.

Now you may ask why a sixty-five-year old woman would have a rubber ducky sitting on her computer table. Well, it all happened like this.

I went to a writer's conference in July. And each evening they had a meeting around 7:00 p.m. So someone announced that everyone come and sit up front. So I did. Not really hearing the beginning of the conversation I found myself among many people who were now becoming a part of a duck group.

I stayed and was handed my rubber ducky. The group and the duck is to remind us to write everyday. And this I do, in one way or another. And if I don't feel like writing then all I have to do is look at my ducky and say, "I'm writing today." Who would think such a small strange object could get one to do something? I never thought about it, but I am glad I have it.

I love to write about everyday things and about Bible things. I don't think  rubber ducks are found in the Bible but I know there are all other kinds of creatures mentioned.

So if you are a writer or have a ministry of some sort and you are just not up to doing it just think rubber ducky and that might help you get into what you need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment