Monday, January 30, 2012

Being A Mom

I was just looking at the news section of Yahoo and say a cute little food item that was made by a mother to use for her children to dunk in soup. That brought back a lot of memories of when my children were small.

Each child was asked to bring in a snack from time to time and not being a traditional person I would find all kinds of things that were different to send in. Two things I remember most is chocolate popcorn and  frog sandwiches. I am not sure now what I put inside of the sandwich but I do remember using a frog cookie cutter to make the shape of the sandwich. My oldest is 42, next child is 40, and youngest is 36 so this was many years ago when this took place. But we had a lot of fun together.

I am so glad that the Lord allowed me to have our three children. And as they were growing up we did all kinds of things so most of the neighborhood kids were at our house so I knew where my kids were. Playing in the mud because we didn't have sand, painting, making things. I could go on but I won't.

I love my children and when we are able to get together now it is always great fun to see how their lives are going and what they are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment