Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finding A Treasure

Yesterday I cleaned out a closet of ours. It was long over due project to be done. I found some clothes I forgot I had and the most valuable treasure I found was a very old book. I didn't look at it very well and was going to give it away.  My husband looked at it and said to keep it.

It is called Little Folks Of The Bible-Boys Of The New Testament and is written by Dorothy Donnell Calhoun. When I opened the front cover it has .98 and 11/87. There was a receipt in it and it was dated 1-16-89 and again the first item on the list was 0.98 and then there were other item prices listed. Then I went to the copyright page and the date was 1915. And it is the First Edition printed September, 1915. Reprinted in 1916. 1918,1919. 1920. 1922. It looks like it was a very popular book.

The boys that were included in the book: The Boyhood of Jesus, The Lad with the loaves, John the Baptist, and Paul's Nephew. It is written in a story form so it is nice reading.

It reminded me how many times the Bible has been reprinted.  We don't have the first edition of that but it is still good reading material and a great treasure to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment