Saturday, January 28, 2012

From The Mouths Of Small Children

When I did my story time at work on Friday I had four two-year-olds in my class. They were very good and we got to read a story, play a game, do a counting poem and a craft.

One little boy got to the story time early and then after he and his mother stayed for another hour or so and this little boy was so very good. But for some reason when the mother took him over to the adult side so she could get a book for herself this little boy changed completely.

He started screeming. He was running around the tables and crying. In his limited spoken words I could hear him say, " I don't want to be bad. I don't want to go home go to bed in trouble." I really felt bad for the mother as she was trying to calm him down. But this little one knew that he was in trouble.

We get all kinds of things happen in the library. And I do enjoy working int he children's department.

No comments:

Post a Comment