Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Focus/Sign Language

I was just reading another person's blog on being focus. When I first learned sign language I appreciated the sign they use for this word. And often times I find myself using this sign when I am trying to focus on an idea or project.

The sign means directing one's attention. You begin with using both of your hands near each side of the face, (B hand which means four fingers facing straight up with each thumb against palm of hand.) Your B hands are facing each other  and then you bring the hands down while tipping the fingers downward and toward each other.

Almost looks like you are saluting an officer with both hands and then you bring down your hand and touch your fingertips together.  If you think about it this makes a lot of sense.

We all need to focus or concentrate on what we are doing at the moment. I know I get distracted a lot. But if I can just remember the sign for focus I believe I will do better in the future.

I am so glad that I can read other writer's work and get ideas and understanding from them on different subjects. God is so good in using people to guide us along.

No comments:

Post a Comment