Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dreams

For many years I had the same dream over and over. And each time I would have it I would scream. So when I was about to be married my mother warned my husband that I screamed in my sleep.

It was our wedding night and many things had happened just before we got married. My grandfather died three days before my wedding. That meant a funeral should have been taking place on my wedding day but my grandfather told us before he died to go ahead with the wedding. The funeral was the next day.

Right outside our bedroom window was a fire escape. That was scarry enough but just a week or so before our wedding someone was killed in a near by town. So all I could think about was someone climbing up the fire escape and getting into our bedroom.

I soon got over that but not until after going to sleep on our wedding night. For in the middle of the night I let out with a scream that woke up the people that lived over us and those who lived on first floor of the apartment building.One person ran outside to see if something was happening out there. The people upstairs we could hear moving around a lot. It was not to long after we moved in they moved out. I wonder why?

I no longer have that dream which I am so thankful for but as a writer I wish that I could write down some of the dreams I have now. Most are not as scarry but they sure are full of action-packed adventure. I usually remember my dreams but writing them down doesn't seem to be as good as the real thing. Maybe should think about making movies instead. No don't think so.

In the Bible, God worked in ways that people would have dreams and the dreams would come true and that is how He talked to the people He wanted to talk to. I'm glad we have the Bible to read now as that is how He talks to us today.

I don't think God is talking to me through my dreams which is a good thing. I think I just have an over active imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment