Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rough And Smooth Side of Stones

I like to do crafts. Right now I am working on making paper weights using titles.

Not to long ago we went to a thrift shop and I found some glass pieces that look like stones except they are in different shades of blue. They were a little dirty and smelly and so I put them in a dish and soaked them in water with a little dish soap. When I dryed them off today they were just beautiful.

I found that the solid colors were very rough and had a design on them. When I turned them over they were very smooth and no design at all. The same thing with the see-through glass ones. Rough on one side with white swirling through the glass, but on the smooth side it was plain.

It made me think about our lives and what God does to us. We can be very rough and he smooths us out and makes us very bright and beautiful. Or we could be going along in our lives and be very smooth and polished looking like we have it altogether and then God roughs us up and makes us more beautiful. It all depends on how you look at things.

Either way God is still working on us and giving us what ever beauty treatment we need at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment