Saturday, December 3, 2011

Almost Left Behind

Yesterday I worked and after work my husband and I went grocery shopping and then I had a doctor's appointment. Instead of going home and coming back I had my husband drop me off at the doctor's office. He went home put the groceries away and then came back for me.


I arrived forty-five minutes early but had a good book to read while I waited. Three people went in ahead of me. The nurse called my name and took me to the room and got all the information that was needed and said that the doctor had one patient ahead of me.

I wasn't sure what time it was when I went in as there wasn't a clock near by. So I took out my book and started reading it. I heard people in the hallway and also my doctor. So put book away and was waiting for him to come in.

All of a sudden I was hearing nurses saying goodnight to the doctors that were still there. Which mine was. I was getting a little nervous. I was about ready to go to the door and the doctor came in. He took about maybe ten minutes at the most and everything was fine. It was a follow-up visit from the being in the hospital.

When we were through we went out to the hallway. The doctor asked if the waiting room was closed and it was and so he took me to another door near where we were standing. "By the way did you have anything in the waiting room?" the doctor asked me.

I said, "Yes, my husband is in there."

"Well I guess you better go and get him. Just go to the door and he can come out but the door is locked so you won't be able to go in." So I went to the door and my husband look my direction and he got out ok and we went on our way home. I asked my husband what time it was and he said 5:30.

Again, I just never know what is going to happen to me in a day. I still say God has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment