Monday, December 12, 2011

What Is Between The Dash?

I was just thinking about a neighbor of mine who just died this week. He was a very popular man and was involved in our community and politics and had many talents. There have been TV programs about him. Today they showed part of the funeral. 

He lived a very full life and since I have known him since I was eight and he died just before his 70th birthday there are a lot of things I know that other people might not know. I spent many hours at his home with his parents, brother and sisters. And then when he was married he lived across the street from me next door to where I grew up. So was able to see his family grow.

I am not sure if you ever heard the saying what counts in your life is not your birth date or your death date but the dash inbetween. How true. Some people have a lot be told and some maybe not so much. But you know what? We are all important!

No comments:

Post a Comment