Sunday, December 4, 2011

Love Your Enemies

Tonight as I sat listening to my Pastor giving the message on loving your enemies all the time he was preaching I had a person in mind. And I tried to see if I did as the Scriptures said to do.

Luke 6:27-31
1. Love my enemy-I thought about this and I can honestly say I did love my enemy.

2. To good to those that hate you-Again, I could say I did good to this person.

3. Bless and pray for them that curse you and despitefully use you. I did pray for this person and I did try to do good things for this person.

4. The next part was the hardest to do and that was to stand by and allow my person to hurt me with words and actions. Not physical abuse but mental abuse and words.

5. We are to treat our enemies the way that we would want to be treated.

My enemy is no longer here on earth but I still love this person very much even though there were times of hurtful acts and bitterness.

So think of these verses in Luke 6. And love your enemies and do good to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment