Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Our Dear Gabrielle Renee

Most times birthdays are a happy occasions. We just celebrated the birth of Christ and this was a very happy event. December 12th and 13th were birthdays of my grandson and my son. But today's birthday of our granddaughter Gabrielle is both happy and sad.

My daughter and son-in-law found out in August of 1999 that Gabrielle had the same condition that her cousin had and that she had no brain. But our daughter and son-in-law decided to carry Gabrielle to her birth date and letting God decide what would take place. Life or death.

Well, God chose life. Gabrielle was taken by c-section and she was born alived. But hearing the screams of our son-in-law and being in a different room we were not sure. So my husband and I waited to see if we would be seeing our granddaughter. When the doctor came in with Gabrielle we could not believe what we saw. She was beautiful! With this kind of condition she could have been very deformed. Actually she was, but I didn't see it because they had  put a cap on her head. My son-in-law saw her when she was born and the cap slipped off enough so my husband saw it, but the Lord sparred me of seeing the top of her head.

We all got to hold her. Her dad sang to her and we all told her we loved her. She hated her bath, she drank some milk, she did everything a normal baby would do but cry.

The next morning around 6:30 my husband called my daughter to see how things were going and just as he called Gabrielle's heart stopped pumping and she went to be with the Lord. She died in my daughter's arms.

We know that she is in a better place and someday we will see her again. But even though it has been twelve years now we still miss her. Her name means courage and that she had. And so did my daughter and son-in-law. To carry her full length and not knowing what would take place was what I call real faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment