Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Meeting Our New Neighbors

I have been wanting to meet our new neighbors for the last two weeks, but their schedule and mine were not compatible until yesterday.

My husband and I looked out our front window and we saw that our neighbor's dog was loose. We wanted to contact our neighbor, but he sleeps during the day as he works nights. I went over to his front door anyway hoping I could wake him-but to no avail.

I called my former neighbor to see if I could get a phone number, but his business was not opened yet and he didn't answer the phone. So I didn't get very far going that way.

My husband went for a walk and I decided to be brave as I saw the dog go into our other neighbor's garage. I thought that I would have enough time to get to the back door of the dog's house and knock on it as my neighbor could hear me if I used this door. But as it worked out the dog was faster than I was and before I knew it the dog was barking and headed toward my body.

I knew that this dog was being trained as a Police dog I knew enough to be calm and not try to run or move. The dog was barking so in a calm voice I kept saying to it, "Keep barking." I was hoping this would wake up my neighbor and He would come out and get the dog. It worked. The dog did keep barking long enough so that his owner did wake up and looked out the window to see a woman standing still with his dog not leashed up.

The dog started to go after me again but I said in a very sharp voice, "No." The dog turned around and so as quickly as I dared to I walked up to my back door and got in my house.Then I looked out the door and saw that my neighbor had the dog and was taking him to their side door to put it their celler.

The neighbor came around to the back of the house. I went out and told him what had happened and that we were trying to get his attention so he could get his dog in the house. He was so happy but sad at the same time for he thought that this was not the best way to met his new neighbors.

We talked for a few minutes and then he gave me his phone number so that if anything like that happened again or anything else happened that we would be able to get a hold of him.

I just never know what is going to happen to me in a day. I was just so glad that the Lord protected me and I knew about the dog's training and knew that I was to talk calm at one time and tell him no in a sharp voice another time so that I was not hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment