Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Psalm 136

I don't usually do a whole portion of Scriputure on this blog, but today when I was doing my daily devotional, the chapter I came to was Psalm 136. I soon learned that at the end of each verse the phrase his mercy endureth for ever found.

So I took a closer look at the verses and discovered some other things which I would like to share with you.



  • Give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good.

  • Give thanks unto the Gods of gods.

  • Give thanks to the Lord of lords to him who alone does great wonders.

  • The Lord's wisdom made the heaven, the earth was stretched out above the waters and the great lights were made. The sun rule the day and the moon and stars rule the night.

  • The Lord smote Egypt;s firstborn and brought out Israel from among them.

  • With a strong hand and with a stretched out arm He divided the Red sea into parts and made Israel to pass through the midst of it. But He overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea.

  • The Lord led His people through the wilderness in which He smote great kings.

  • He slew famous kings and gave the land as an inhertence to Israel.

O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment