Monday, November 7, 2011

Missionaries

I did not grow up in a Christian home and it was not until I was nineteen that I accepted the Lord. And then the people that I was around were not missionary-minded people. So I must admit that I have not been as missionary-minded as I should be.

But yesterday at church we had a family that shared with us their ministry as missionaries. And in the morning service he went through the Bible and showed us how to pray for missionaries which was a big help.

If I can get a pray card or sign up for newsletters or get the newsletters from church then that is another way that I can pray for our missionaries. They are very special people in that they go through a lot especially if they are working in a foreign field. Have to learn customs, language, and change of weather etc.

Of course it was mentioned that we are all missionaries because we are around people that maybe no one else is and we can share by our actions or words what the Lord means to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment