Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Bible

I don't know about you, but I like to read a lot. I have not read novels or fiction much in the past but now I have found some nice Christian writer's in which I enjoy reading their stories.

I find it amazing that if you take the Bible and divide it up into chapters as you would a regular book it doesn't take that long to read a chapter or a whole book.

What I find that takes the longest to read the Bible is that I have to stop and analyze what I read. Sometimes I only get to read one word and I am off looking up that word and seeing what it means in Hebrew or Greek (Stong's Concordance). Sometimes I get through a whole chapter but have every word is underlined so when I go back through my Bible I see that section. Sometimes I may only read a verse and meditate on what it is saying.

So reading the Bible may take a longer time to read, but really the books themselves may be shorter than a fiction or non-fiction book you may read.

So if I want light reading I read my fiction. But if I want a deep study and to learn more about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit I turn to my different versions of the Bible and enjoy the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment