Monday, March 26, 2012

A Recital

My husband has some very close friends and schoolmates that have an non-profit organization that brings to our community different types of music. They have two recitals a year. In the summer it was an twelve-year-old girl playing the piano. We had seen her when she was only eight and played classical pieces. She travels all over-the world.

Yesterday's recital was presented by Michael Davidman. He is fourteen and lives in New York City. He has claimed top prizes in over a dozen competitions and has appeared as soloist with orchestra in performances of some of the most illustrious musicians.

Michael plays classical music and yesterday he played five pieces all memorized. Then he and another pianist played a duet together and it was just beautiful.

It was not until I met my husband 48 years ago that I found out what classical music was. He was into such music. Most of it I like very well. The older composers. The newer music is just not the same. I am not saying it isn't good but just a different style.

So even though I had no idea what the young man was playing except for one piece I enjoyed it. It is nice sometimes to get out of your comfort zone, if not going in wrong direction, and enjoy something different.

I am so glad that the Lord gave us all different talents including music.

No comments:

Post a Comment