Monday, March 5, 2012

Home Going Celebration

As I have mentioned before, today is the third funeral I have gone to in a week and the fourth death in the same amount of time. I was not able to go to one funeral.

Today's gathering was announced in the bulletin given to us by the family not as a funeral but in big words at the top of the page, written in red, Home Going Celebration of and then the name of the person who went home.

To me it was a unique time together. We sang some of my friend's favorite songs, her son read a poem and she had two Pastors do her Home Going Celebration. Of course their were tears, a lot of Amen's as the Pastor's spoke and gave their thoughts on this lovely, godly woman. But the best thing that took place, which was my friend's prayer, was that someone might be saved at this service. Her prayer was answerd not just one but seven people raised their hands and accepted the Lord.

Seven in one day. My friend's body was there but she was already with Jesus so she must have been rejoicing with Him as she saw the hands that were raised.

My friend will be greatly missed but she will live in our hearts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment