Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Music

I know that I have talked about music before but tonight I am relaxing doing this blog and listening to music by Jim Donovan called Rhythmic Foundation Volume 1. It is a play along CD. If I wasn't typing right now I would be playing along with my djme drum.

A Djme drum is an African drum and is made in different ways. Mine is handmade. Some parts from Africa and others from a drum shop near where I live.

I started taking lessons just for the fun of it. Did you know that the drum is the closes sound to a heart beat there is. And to just play the drum and get into a rhythm it is very relaxing.

Most people who have never heard this drum would not think this music is relaxing or easy to listen to, but I am enjoying it.

I am so happy that I found this instrument and a fine teacher to show me how to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment