Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting Old

This picture was taken back when I was a little younger and enjoyed staying in a Motel with my husband in Cooperstown. We would go up every year for about ten years and spend a week or a few days and enjoy the small town.

Now we are at retirement age. My husband will be 72 in a couple of months and I will be 66 in August and our health is not as good as we would like it to be. Our car has gotten older too. It is a 1999 Prism. Also living on a little smaller income all plays a part in us staying home now and not making the trip to Cooperstown.

We do have some great pictures and videos of our times there. And they are always nice to look at.

I am so glad that even though we are older we have been married 45 years and still like to be with each other. And we kept our vows before God and they were "For better or worse, in sickness and health, richer or poorer, to death due us part." So glad we made those vows as being married and getting older takes a lot of work. But it is worth it.  So many don't give it a chance today which is so sad.

Thank You My Heavenly Father for choosing my husband and helping us to grow closer each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment