Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Reviews

I had such a great weekend. I was able to read some of my friends books.  So I wanted to share with you who they are and if you get a chance to read any of their books I know you will not regret it and they would appreciate you reading them.

First, is Dax M. Tucker book called The Leaf Catcher. It is a paper back book and I got mine through Barnes and Nobles, but he is on Twitter so maybe you can contact him there. This book was amazing. If you like poetry but not necessary rhymning poetry, you will love this book. It is a whole story set in the 16th century so you will have that language setup. It is 120 pages long and I read it in two days. A great style, a different approach and a wonderful read.

Second, is two books by Loyd C. Taylor. A great writer and also a fantatic artitist. I met him on a site called fanartreview. The first book that I bought is called Using My Muse. Again this is a poetry book, paper back, and 185 pages. It is a family-friendly book and contains many stories right out of the writer's life and some are not. He lets you chose which ones you think are real and fiction. A great read. His second book is called Mr. Pumpkinhead's Fabulous Fall Festival. This is a children's paper back book and has very nice graphics and the story line the kids will love. He has another book out also another in the same series. I haven't read that one yet.

Third,  Howard Tuckey has written also a paper back book and it is called Mattie's Place. This is a story about a small town and the things that can happen in a small town. A lot of the things he wrote about happened to him. It is a funny book and brings back memories of the good-old-days where people gathered around and talked with each other.

Fourth, "OPEN SKY" is written by my friend, Mark Winheld who is in my writer's group. It is a missionary story and is also a paper back book. This is the story of a missionary pilot Dwayne King. If you like an action-packed story of what a missionary does this is the book for you. Can go to Barnes and Nobles for this one also.

Fifth, was a e-zine that I received from Mary DeMuth and you can find her on Twitter. It is a 90 page book and I read it in a couple of hours and took a lot of notes. It deals with abuse. She has written another book which I just ordered which goes along with this book called Thin Places. Can find Mary at marydemuth@.com

So you see I am excited that I can read books that my friends have written and share them with you by telling you about them. So if you want some good reads look the books up.

No comments:

Post a Comment