Thursday, February 9, 2012

Seeing Young People As They Are

Today my husband and I ate lunch out at a time in which the high school kids were on their lunch break. It was very interesting to me to watch, listen and hear the conversations that were going on.

In my school days there was a dress code. There were dress codes but not the same. Short, short skirts. More of a grown-up looks to the girls. The boys were boys. Guy stuff. Not much different. Some were very slick looking and some had the easy-going look. What struck me was one conversation where a boy was talking about what he and his father were talking about the evening before. It was the language that the father used.

It is so sad to see what goes on in this generation. I am not saying that they kids were bad. But this generation has so many more problems and things to deal with then when I was growing up. It is hard for them but they don't know anything different.

I really feel sorry for my young grandchildren. What is the world going to be like when they get older?

No comments:

Post a Comment