Monday, February 20, 2012

Gossip

As I am writing this blog I am looking at my new 2012 calendar and it has a picture of two horses. Their heads are together with their eyes, noses, and eyes lined up.

They are beautiful horses and my imagination is forming into a story. The main  horse looks like he could have a little evil streak and he is telling the other horse something like this, "Hey, Goldie, did you hear about what Saber said about Noble?"

Goldie is listening. I wonder if she will tell the next horse she meets what she heard.

Gossip is like this and it doesn't usually end in a good way. One person tells another person and then that person tells another person and by the time the story gets back to the person that it is about it is a whole new story. It didn't even happen that way. It is like the old game that I played when I was a child called telephone. And I would wisper something in the person's ear next to me and it would go down the line.

So we need to be careful what we say.

No comments:

Post a Comment