Monday, December 24, 2018

A Treasure Found

Last evening I went looking for a book that I wanted to continue reading on C.S.Lewis. I cleaned out my magazine rack and I didn't find the book I was looking for, but I found a small treasure in a small pamphlet called "The Christian and Mental Health." It is written by Richard W. De Haan. Since I have some issues with Mental Illness this has helped me just reading a few pages. I am looking forward to getting into reading and studying it further today. The thought through the first few pages is as follows: God made us like we are for His good purposes. Psalm 139:14 tells us "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are they works and that my soul knoweth right well. We were fashioned by the Lord, and He has a special niche He wants us to fill. Whatever your limitations they were permitted by God as part of His wise plan. See why I think this pamphlet is such a treasure. I believe God wanted me to find this treasure just when I did in order to help me along in my Christian walk and to help me become stronger in what I believe in and I know that He is guiding me at this time especially. May you all have a wonderful Christmas and may your New Year be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment