Monday, April 9, 2012

The other day when I was at work a book came across our desk and I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that were in the book.

First the book is called, Animal Eggs by Dawn Cusick & Joanne O'Sullivan. Now to some that may not seem to interesting. But to me I enjoy learning new things.  So here we go.

Did you know that repetiles lay eggs with a rubbery, leather-like shell and they use a special egg tooth to help cut through the shell?

Did you know that male fish often stay with the eggs and "fan" them with their fins?

Did you know that the shield bug lays oblong-shaped eggs and glues the eggs to leaves with a sticky substance in its saliva?

Did you know that there are many different colored eggs that are laid? A shieldbacked pine seed bug lays blue eggs. Brown butterflies lay yellow eggs. Seagrape sawfly lay bright red eggs. And the stink bug lays pink eggs.

There are a lot more facts in the book but unless you see the pictures they wouldn't seem the same. So I will end this post with hoping  you have enjoyed this information. And if not, I understand and don't feel bad. I tend to enjoy strange things as you will find out as time goes on.

Hope all had a nice Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment