Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Busy Day At Work

This is my first day back to work after having a two week vacation. When I walked over to the desk I knew something was up. We had paper sheets on the desk with Patron's card numbers and the bar code numbers of the books written on them.

This meant one thing---the computers had shut down and whoever worked yesterday had to write out all the books numbers on the paper. It also meant no books could be checked in or out. No renewals could be done. And the worse thing is that the computers never came on all day. That means eight hours without the computers. Computers are nice when they work but when they don't it leads to big problems.

So today we not only had to check in book from other libraries from today and yesterday, but we had to check in all of yesterdays book drop and today's book drop and type in the computer all the books that were taken out yesterday. So I didn't have to worry about what I was going to do today.

We had less staff today also because of a meeting. So had only one person working at our front desk. So my boss and I helped her out along with doing our department. So of the other workers helped out too.

Even though it was a busy day I am so thankful that I have a job and the Lord is good and showed me the job that was best suited for me. Not everyone has this. Enjoying job and having fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment