Saturday, April 14, 2012

Books-Books-Books

My husband and I are empty nesters and for some strange reason our house has turned into a library. Almost every spare space is filled with a book or some sort of music.

One of the reasons for the books is that our TV doesn't work very well so reading is a good pasttime. Also I work for a library and we get in a lot of donations and so that is one way of getting books that don't cost to much or nothing at all. Third, I am trying to become a writer and so reading the kinds of books I like to write helps me learn how to write.

Now for music. My husband will be 72 in a few weeks and he has been collecting classical music since he was a small child. His Aunt world buy him records at the grocery store. So that was a longgggggggggggggggggggg time ago. And then my husband worked at a classical radio station as their classical announcer and also cataloged the music. Then he worked at a record store. So you can see why we have 2,000 records and lots of Cd's.

I must say I will never run out of things to read. And since I have started going to a writer's group and have friends who are writing books and getting them published and on twitter my list keeps growing on books I will be reading in the future.

Isn't it great that the Lord has given people the talent to write? I think so because each person has their own way of expressing themselves and makes life so much more fun. Even if it just a small tweet or a facebook post.

No comments:

Post a Comment