Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Sister And My Devotions How Do They Go Together?

Today as I was reading my personal devotional from the book of Habakkuk, I thought of my sister. Not because of what I was reading, but how I am going about starting out the New Year.

My sister and I didn't grow up together. I was adopted when I was a baby and went right home from the hospital with my adoptive parents. So for ten years I thought she was my cousin. I stayed with her, my brother, and my Mom at their house during the summer. In 1956, I lost contact with them. It would not be til 1996 I would see her again and  finally meet her as my sister. I was so excited I Now I had a sister that I could share things with.

The reason I was reminded of her this morning is that even though we were separated all those years we have so many things in common. I won't go into all of them but the one thing that I want to mention is that we tend to start from the back of a magazine and other materials when we read them. So that is what I am doing with the Old Testament of the Bible. I started reading the last book in the Old Testament and reading the Bible this way.

So far I have read Malachi, Zechariah, Haggai, Zephaniah, Habakkuk, which by the way is my favorite one so far. What a prayer life Habakkuk had. My next book is Nahum. I found this is a good way to read some of the books of the Bible that are not read much and many may not know they exist.

I am so thankful that I found my sister and when we are able to talk to each other we share what we are doing. The only problem is she lives in another state so we don't see each other very often. But the Lord knows what we need and provides us with love, caring, phones,computer so we don't lose each other again.

Prayer
Father, I must end this post with thanksgiving to You for allowing  Doris, Doug, Mom and I to find each other and have a great relationship and love toward each other. It doesn't always work out this way with adoption but You have been so good to us.  It took many years for me to be ready for the reunion but You knew just the right time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment