Monday, November 3, 2014

Music

II Chronicles 7:6 ESV
The priests stood at their posts; the Levites also, with the instruments for music to the Lord-for his steadfast loves endures forever-whenever David offered praises by their ministry; opposite them the priests sounded trumpets and all Israel stood.

Two thoughts for today. First going to share with you about a concert I went to yesterday afternoon. It has been the third time I have seen and heard Anastasia Rizikov play the piano. She was nine when I fist heard her, but she started playing when she was seven. She is now fifteen and as the years go by she gets better and better. She plays classical music. If you would like to hear her yourself try going on You-Tube and look up her name. If you like classical music you will like Anastasia.

I gave some highlights on the concert, but after reading the verse I found on music in the Bible, I also wanted to comment on this verse.

It doesn't say what instruments were used to honor the Lord, but it does say instruments. Then later down it says trumpets. In Bible times the instruments were different than what we have today. But the point is they used instruments of different kinds.

In a lot of churches today there are different opinions of what instruments should be played at church. Some churches have Worship groups which are different than the choir. I must say that when we started using the screen with the words of the songs on it and added some different instruments beside piano and organ and a worship team, not to many people liked it. Especially the older people who are used to hymns.

I like most of the music we have today, but I also enjoy the hymns as well. I know them better.

How About You?
Do you like more of a traditional service with just hymns or do you like the more modern choruses? Do you like a lot of instruments  or just piano and organ. maybe you don't even like those in the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment