Thursday, November 13, 2014

Satan Wants To Sift Us As Wheat

As I was going through my e-mails this morning I came upon a message from James MacDonald. It really hit home for me as I have been going through some mind boggling experiences lately. Here is just one thought in the message that help me remember who is in control of my life.

"Remember Jesus' words before Peter's biggest failure, "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:31-32.)

My mind is the area in which Satan attacks me  most. I have Post Tarmac Stress and Anxiety disorder. And if I don't hold on to Jesus' hand tightly I slip and fall right into Satan's trap he has for me--"I'm no good. I'm dumb, How can the Lord use me, I have done nothing for Him, etc." But I read in MacDonald's message that even before I was born, Christ interceded for me. And now Jesus is at the right hand of His Father lifting me and my needs to Him. He knows my exact situation. He knows my needs, my weaknesses, my fears, and what I am facing, and what is at stake.

Jesus doesn't let my stumbling and falling keep me from Him praying for me. So I must remember not to keep myself away when I feel I fail Him.

What a great comfort for me is it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment