Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sleep or Not To Sleep

One of my favorite radio and TV preacher is Charles Stanley and this week he was talking about setting time aside to just be with God. Talk to Him and allow Him to talk to you.

If you are anything like me I start out good when I begin to pray. I feel real close to my Heavenly Father and I get so excited. But as I am praying I might come across an idea that comes to my mind if I am thanking Him for giving me the ability to create things. All of a sudden I thinking about all kind of crafts I could do. Or worse yet I start praying and then next thing I know I am falling asleep and lose my concentration. I feel so bad.

I find when I am woke up each morning that is the best time to pray short prayers. I have to take medicine three times before I eat. I am woke up, take the medicine, and then go back to sleep if I have had a bad night. But if I am awake enough  I try to pray for those who may be sick or need help. I ask my Father that He, His Son, and the Holy Spirit, would be in my life for that day. Then I thank my Lord for the things He has given me.

It works out well and when I do get up for good in the morning I try to say, "It's going to be a good day for the Lord has made it."

How about you? Do you take time to be quiet with God? It can be just a few minutes at a time throughout the day. Or maybe you have a time that you can just sit and have a longer time with Him.

Happy Praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment