Thursday, October 30, 2014

Back To Work

Blessing
It has been a great two weeks. I have been on vacation from work. I was hoping to get a lot of work done at home--but the Lord had a different plan.

The first week I was able to get together church history and work on that. We are celebrating our 75th year this year. I am working on it today to finish up the first draft of a small booklet so all the information is in one place. I have a person who is going to proof-read it. Sometimes it is hard to proof-read your own work. If you are a writer you know this very well.

I also had a lot of quiet time the first week. My husband is retired from his main job but is custodian at one of our local churches. So he usually cleans when I am work at the library near by. But the first week he went to work and I stayed home. It was a good time just to relax and do things at my own pace. I was drawn closer to God by having this time alone.

The second week was nice also but I went to work with my husband due to having doctor's appointments and other things going on where it made more sense to go with him so he wouldn't have to come all the way home and then leave again. This worked out good also as I am reading a great Christian book and I to read as my husband while my husband worked. I did some of the lighter work but he did all the heavy stuff.

One other thing I want to mention is how blessed I am to have the husband I have. He is so caring, so loving, and gentle with me most of the time. Of course no marriage is perfect. But he has been my caregiver now for about 44 years out of our 48 years of marriage. He doesn't complain and he is always there for me when I need him.

Another blessing is writing to you. I am home today as I have two days off of work and work three days. So I wanted to get caught up on writing to you. Sometimes when I work a six hour day or a five hour day or even a four hour day when I get home I am just wiped out and so I am not always able to get to the computer to send a post.

 If you think of me just pray that I will be faithful to what God has called me to do and that is to write this post to encourage you, share with you what God is doing in my life so it may help you, and for me to pray for you as a group, for I don't know who you are. That I will continue to be healed in body, soul, and mind.

Thank you in advance.




No comments:

Post a Comment